Crock Pot Recipes
1) Coat the pork with the salt and spices.
2) Combine all of the ingredients except the rolls and Cole slaw in your crock pot. Let go on low for 7 hours(4.5 on high).
3) Using a ladle, skim any fat that comes to the top.
4) About an hour before done, taste just to check the seasoning.
When fork tender, remove the pork from your crock pot onto a cutting board. Shred the pork into a large mixing bowl. Return the pork to your crock pot and mix with sauce.
5) Place on the toasted brioche roll, top with cole slaw and onion jam. Enjoy:)
Onion Jam Instructions
1) In a medium sauce pan, heat up the oil on med to med-low heat. Add the onions, garlic and salt. Allow the onions to cook down, stirring every few minutes. This will take a good 10-15 minutes, as you will want to cook down the onions slowly.
2) As the juices from the onions start cooking down, they will caramelize to the bottom of the pan. Use your spoon to scrape off the bottom as the rest of the juices continue to cook. This is the stage the onions will start browning, keep stirring to prevent burning.
3) Once the onions are a deep golden brown, add the honey and stir as the honey begins to cook. Add the red wine, stir in well and reduce the wine until the onions have thickened up and became syrupy.
NOTE: you can replace the onion jam with just sauteed onions. The choice in roll is completely up to you really. Using a gluten free roll will keep this recipe gluten free.
Pulled Pork Sandwich
serves 6 people
1 jar Bottled Thyme Sauce Robert
3 to 4 pounds pork shoulder
1/2TBSP black pepper, cumin, chili powder
1 clove of garlic- minced
1 TBSP tomato paste
1 ½ pint coleslaw
6 brioche rolls
Onion Jam (optional)
2 white onion - medium dice
2 clove garlic - minced
1 TBSP honey
1 cup red wine
1 TBSP oil
salt & pepper to taste
Pulled Pork & Onion Jam
Visit our store to get a Sauce Robert