Crock Pot Recipes
serves 5-6 people
1 jar Bottled Thyme Sauce Champignon
1 cup pearl barley- rinsed
3 cups vegetable broth or water
1 medium carrot- medium diced
1 small white onion- minced
2 cloves of garlic- minced
1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (garnish)
1 TBSP butter- optional
4 cups arugula
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Rinse off barley with cold water.
2) In a 5 qt crock pot, combine the Sauce Champignon, barley, broth/water, carrot, onion and garlic. Season to your liking with salt and pepper.
3) Set your crock pot to low and cook for 4.5 hours; stir every hour or so to prevent sticking to the bottom.
4) With a half hour left of cooking, taste the barley for seasoning; you may wish to add more salt and pepper at this point. Add the arugula and butter. Mix into the risotto well. Cook the remaining time.
5) Serve in a large soup bowl. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese on top as the garnish. Enjoy:)
Visit our store to get a Sauce Champignon