1) Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lay each filet of flounder with the presentation side down on a clean cutting board. Lightly season the filet with salt and pepper. (Old Bay if you wish). Spread 1 oz of almonds onto each serving. Gently roll the filet up, without pressing too hard on the fish. If the filet won’t stay rolled up, you can use a tooth pick to hold it in place.
2) In a baking dish that isn’t much bigger than what is needed to hold the fish (size of filets will determine this) add a small amount of water to the bottom. Place the flounder in the dish, cover and bake for approximately 7 minutes.
3) In a medium sauce pan, bring the Bottled Thyme Chicken Jus to a light simmer.
PLATE - In the center of the plate, spoon the potatoes into a thin layer. Place the green beans in a line over top of the potatoes. Using a spatula and being very careful, place the flounder in the center of the green beans. Place ½ oz of almonds onto the top of each serving of the flounder. Then pour the sauce directly on top of the flounder. Enjoy!
1) Combine all of the ingredients except the potatoes and salami in a medium sauce pot. Mix well. As you dice the potatoes, add them to the pot. Let brine for 1 -2 hours. Bring the entire mixture to a boil and par cook the potatoes. Strain and allow to cool completely down.
2) Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, heat up the oil over med-high heat. Once hot, add the diced salami and cook for 1 minute. Add the potatoes, making sure they get evenly coated with the oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes and pour onto a cookie sheet.
3) Spread out evenly on the cookie sheet, and put in the oven for approximately 7 minutes. (Or until nice and crispy.)
1) Bring approximately ½ gallon of salted water to a boil. Blanch the trimmed green beans in the water for 2 minutes. Strain and put directly into the ice water to stop the beans from cooking.
2) In a large sauté pan, heat up the oil over med-high heat. Add the green beans, season and cook for approximately 3 minutes. (length of time will ultimately depend on how cooked through you enjoy your beans.)
Ingredients: Serves 4
1 ½ lb Flounder (approx 6 oz filet)
6 oz Slivered Almonds - toasted
TT Salt & Pepper
½ each Bottled Thyme Chicken Jus
1 ½ lb Russet Potato - small dice
½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 cup Water
2 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Black Pepper & Chili Powder
½ cup Salami - small dice
1-2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 lb Green Beans - Blanched
TT Salt & Pepper
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
½ gal Salted Water
1 ea Bowl of ice water - large